As the Texas legislature works through a possible fix to a host of problems at Texas Children’s Protective Services, many are still asking if the proposals are what the agency needs. And more importantly, is it what Texas children deserve.
(Video: KPRC 2 News)
- Texas lawmakers advance bills to privatize more foster care, boost ‘kinship’ pay (Dallas News)
- What Texas Lawmakers Can Learn from the Last Child Welfare Crisis (Texas Observer)
- Democratic lawmaker says Texas CPS workloads make ‘a travesty’ of child protection (Dallas News)
- Bill Would Allow Texas to Refuse Same-Sex Couples, Non-Christians as Foster Parents (Texas Observer)
- Spriggs: At-risk kids can’t wait for overhaul of child-welfare system (Houston Chronicle)