With a new school superintendent firmly at the helm, Houston’s largest school district hosted it’s annual State of the Schools address. Richard Carranza and HISD Board of Education President Wanda Adams urged business professionals and state lawmakers to see public education as an investment to ensure the future success of every student that walks through a school’s doors.
- New Houston ISD leader urges lawmakers to ‘look at public education as an investment, not an expense’ (Houston Chronicle)
- HISD superintendent delivers annual State of the Schools address (KPRC 2 News)
- Superintendent: This is the most pressing issue facing Houston public schools (Houston Business Journal)
- HISD State of Schools address sells out Hilton Americas Hotel (KTRK 13 News)
- HISD Superintendent Richard Carranza Asks Houston to Pony Up for Equity (Houston Press)
- HISD Superintendent Calls For “Investment” In Public Education, More Centralized District (Houston Public Media)