The disturbing arrest, and then shocking death, of a returned Prairie View A&M University alum, Sandra Bland, in the Waller County prison is making the community just outside of the historically Black university the focus of the nation’s latest questions about police brutality. As well as race relations between law enforcement and communities of color.
(Video: USA Today/KHOU)
And while much of the country is watching this from afar, and commenting about it as a sign of a national problem, local students at Prairie View describe what life on and near the campus is regularly like.
(Video: KRIV 26 News)
- Protesters want answers in Sandra Bland case (KHOU 11 News)
- Community reacts to death inside Waller County Jail (KPRC 2 News)
- Protests hit Waller County Courthouse; DPS identifies violations of their procedures (KIAH 39 Newsfix)
- Sandra Bland death triggers IfIDieInPoliceCustody trend (USA Today)
- Mourners to gather at Sandra Bland’s alma mater (CNN)
- Sandra Bland Tried to Post Bail Before Allegedly Committing Suicide (The Daily Beast)