In four days time, the Houston area has seen three accidental child shooting – resulting in two deaths and one child still in the hospital. The situation has garnered both local and worldwide media attention, and has caused Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia to plead with gun-owning parents to get gun locks his office is providing for free.
(Video: KPRC 2 News)
MORE COVERAGE OF THIS STORY:
- In wake of child shootings, sheriff talks gun safety (Houston Chronicle)
- Harris County sheriff addresses gun safety and children (KIAH 39 Newsfix)
- Gun owners rarely face charges after kids accidentally hurt or killed (KHOU 11 News)
- Accidental shootings plague Houston area as children play with guns (CNN)
- Three Houston-area children in four days accidentally shoot themselves (The Guardian)