After the news on Monday that Lance Armstrong is leaving the board of the Austin-based cancer nonprofit organization he founded, much speculation has swirled about how the organization will move forward without him. While many corporate sponsors are dropping Armstrong personally, moves away from the foundation seem to few. Perhaps pointing to a charity brand that is significantly buffered and matured away from its founder.
Here are some of the emerging stories in the news.
- Longtime Foundation Official Succeeds Armstrong as Chairman (Austin Statesman)
- Livestrong CEO: ‘We’re Proud’ Lance Armstrong Founded Organization (NPR)
- Nike Cuts Lance Armstrong, Sticks With Livestrong–Which Is Sticking By Armstrong (Fast Company)
- Armstrong Steps Down; Livestrong Will Go On (KUT – Austin)
- Sponsors Flee Lance Armstrong but Still Back Livestrong (Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- Opinion: Why Livestrong Will Survive Lance Armstrong’s Struggles (Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- Live Strong Foundation’s Survival Questioned As High Profile Founder Lance Armstrong Accused of Doping (HOUmanitarian)