Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
How Do You Feel About This?
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- Legislative Session Creeps into Hurricane Season, but Texas Windstorm Insurance Program Still in Tatters
- Governor Perry Vetoes 24 Bills, But Signs Drug Testing for Unemployment Benefits
- HISD Moves Forward With North Forest-ISD Annexation, While Courts Review Options
- Houston’s Homeless Picture May Not Be What We Think
- Southern Baptist Convention Votes to Denounce Boy Scouts Over Gay Issue During National Gathering in Houston