Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- In Face of Immigrant Surge, Governor Perry Will Send National Guard Troops To Border
- HISD Investigation Records Raise More Questions About STAAR Cheating Allegations
- Fleeing Violence, Threats, and Economic Hardship: Why Honduran Families Head to the U.S.
- Why Federal Law Requires Care for Child Immigrants Arriving at our Borders
- Texas Motto “Friendship” is Tested as Child Migrants Arrive in Houston Area to Some Unwelcoming Neighbors