Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- If Necessary, Houston Health Care Facilities Say They are Ready for Ebola
- How to Track a Deadly Virus Like Ebola
- In Wake of Ebola, Is Texas Really Prepared for Public Health Emergencies
- Houston VA Employee Found to Have Altered Hundreds of Veterans Claims
- Fighting Childhood Obesity: This is Something We Can Do Houston