Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
Join the Conversation
- After Historic Flooding Officials Address Disaster and Recovery in Houston Region
- Days of Rain Cause Concern Over Safety of Houston Area Dams
- Superintendent Addresses Grade Change Investigations in HISD Schools
- Texting While Driving Ban Continues to be Sought by Texas Families Turned Activists by Tragedy
- MD Anderson Treating Cancers in the Brain With a Virus