Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- Vets 9 Month Wait for Cancer Assessment Illustrates Problems at Veterans Administration
- HISD Goes Far Outside of Texas to Find New Teachers
- Texas Special Education Ranks Near the Bottom Nationally
- Texas Veterans Strike Force Seeks to Pick-Up Where Federal Veterans Administration is Too Slow
- In Face of Immigrant Surge, Governor Perry Will Send National Guard Troops To Border