Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- Houston Area Charity Ranked #1 For Overpaying Fundraisers, Rather Than Providing Services
- Prom Season Sees Unique Effort to Dress & Empower Teens
- Texas’ Rate of Uninsured Dips Slightly Says New Report From Baker Institute & Episcopal Health Foundation
- HISD Reveals New Mascots for Schools Formerly with Culturally Offensive Ones
- Helping A Hero Comes Under Scrutiny Over Policies and Lack of Transparency