Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- HISD Reveals New Mascots for Schools Formerly with Culturally Offensive Ones
- Helping A Hero Comes Under Scrutiny Over Policies and Lack of Transparency
- STAAR Testing Scandal: HISD Moves Forward With Terminating Three Teachers
- Houston Down Syndrome Association Hit Hard by Burglary
- Mayor Says Homelessness in Downtown Has Declined by Half in Two Years