Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- Fighting Childhood Obesity: This is Something We Can Do Houston
- Houston’s Annise Parker Helps Launch Mayor’s Climate Action Agenda
- Here We Go Again: Texas School Finance System Found Unconstitutional
- Vets 9 Month Wait for Cancer Assessment Illustrates Problems at Veterans Administration
- HISD Goes Far Outside of Texas to Find New Teachers