Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- Unhealthy Texas: A Problem of Behavior as Well as Policy
- Houstonians Join National “I Can’t Breathe” Protests Targeting Police Brutality
- Ebola Fighters: Researcher at Galveston’s UTMB Named Among TIME’s Persons of the Year
- Texas Comes Up Short in Bid for Federal Pre-K Funding
- Care-All 2014: Creative Agencies Gather to Celebrate Past, Presents, and Future of Casa de Esperanza