Recent news of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient Tyler Nelson’s long wait for a lung transplant underscores the importance of teams this week. In this case both the transplant team at Texas Children’s, as well as the support networks of well wishers and celebrity friends he made along the way. At the same time though it underscores the potential for more outreach and education about organ donation in the African-American and other communities.
Join the Conversation
Are You Prepared?: Get A Copy Now
- Houstonians From Nepal Keep Vigil for Families and Organize for Relief and Recovery
- Ebola Treatment Developed at Galveston’s University of Texas Medical Branch Proves Effective
- STAAR Opt-Out Movement: Growing Numbers of Texas Parents Have Had Enough of Standardized Testing
- Rebekah Strong! Houstonian Returns to Boston Marathon on New Leg and With Great Network of Support
- Go Hotwheels: Houston Wheelchair Basketball Team Brings Home a Championship